Free course introducing 1000 female, trans and non-binary students into electronic music
Hosted by Jaguar, BBC Radio 1 DJ and presenter, the Future1000 is a free programme to introduce 1000 female, trans and non-binary students into electronic music by 2022.
This initiative is an inclusive space for students of all backgrounds, structured around modules on DJ-ing, music production, presenting and industry skills, giving students the support they need to start their journeys into music.
What is the Future1000 programme?
You can join the programme throughout 2021, but the sooner you sign up the more you can benefit from the course.
Students who are enrolled take part receive:
- 12-part video course on DJ-ing, music production, radio presenting and mentorship, hosted by Jaguar
- Opportunity to take part in nine live virtual events hosted by Jaguar and special guests, hosted throughout 2021
- 1-year license of Soundtrap (the cloud-based audio and music production software)
- Feedback on work completed by successful artists from the industry, with opportunities to perform at events and even get signed by a major label
Who can join?
This programme is open to all UK students who identify as female, trans or non-binary. There are two ways you can join.
- Teachers can nominate any students from their school by filling a short application form. Start this by clicking the ‘Nominate your students’ button.
- Students can sign up themselves. Start this by clicking the ‘Sign up’ button. You’ll need to include your school’s details so that we can verify you are a student.
The first 100 eligible schools whose students are signed up will receive, at no cost, a long-term loan of the Pioneer DJ DDJ-200 controller, FutureDJs 'How to DJ' book and a three-month Soundtrap license for the music department.
What the experts say
“I love the idea of this initiative starting from school level. So if this is you and or you know a school age female, trans and non-binary music lover - please come forward and get involved!”
Badly Drawn DJs
“Big shout to Jaguar’s Future1000 initiative thats help paving the way for the next generation of women, trans and non-binary people in electronic music”
What the experts say
The Blessed Madonna
“Representation isn't a cure all for what ails dance music, but it is an essential step to making a way for generations of women and non-binary artists who will not for a second look at a turntable and ask if they're supposed to touch it or not.”
“The unstoppable force that is Jaguar”